What you tell people at parties
“I’m a Front-end Developer. Front-end. Front ofthe… I build websites”.
What you really do
– You improve the user experience of ourweb shops for millions of potential customers.
– You keep an eye on the currentperformance of our web shops and analysing how to improve these.
– You work on new functionalities andimprovements during biweekly sprints, of course with your team to support you.
– You coach, provide feedback andshare your knowledge with your team and other front-enders.
– You stay open-minded while you thinkabout all the technical choices you can make, like our architecture, tools andprocesses. You don’t do things just because they were always done that way butyou don’t ignore the lessons learned.
How you do it
– You prioritize your own worktogether with your team and Product Owner.
– You receive immediate feedback fromend-users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
– You’re not afraid to take charge ifyou think things can be better.
– You use the right tool for the job.You’re directed by your analytical skills and ability to stay objective.
– To measure is to know. Big data andexperience are your gurus, your gut feeling isn’t.
A day at the office
Youwill have to check the final PR later, because the day will end with a meetingwith a few other enthusiastic developers. You have a great idea forimplementing new technology that will reduce time to first byte by 10 to 20%.Showering has never been more useful.
What we’re asking
– You love a challenge and you have away to prove this.
– You understand version control,specifically Git(hub).
– You have 6-8 years experience as aFront-end developer, preferably in an agile environment.
– You get the sense and nonsense ofES2017, React, CSS-in-JS and composition.
– You’re proud of what you do and youwelcome feedback.
– To you it’s not just about tables ordivs, but about semantics.
– Your English has the best words.
– You’re willing to relocate toRotterdam, or somewhere close.
What we’re offering
– Over 30 training courses at our own CoolblueUniversity.
– Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you liveabroad).
– Dutch language courses. To help you become aRotterdammert.
– Discount on a new bicycle. Because that’s how weroll.
– A 10% discount on all of our products.
– An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals,monthly TGIF drinks, epic Coolblue parties, team activities, and an informal,playful office space.
– 25 paid leave days. As long as you’ll promise tocome back.
– Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
Related Jobs (5)
Senior IT Development Engineer | International – Amsterdam on November 15, 2018 Full Time