Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
Jumbo is the second largest supermarket chain in the Netherlands and has a great ambition on their online presence. Last year Jumbos e-commerce turnover doubled. We are transforming into a more technology focused company. In our Jumbo Tech Campus, all technical professionals are brought together. We are organised based on agile principles and our 300 IT professionals work in multi-disciplinary scrum teams. You will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So, you will be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!
Theres no I in Jumbo
Currently we are building a Cloud Engineering (CE) team that will be working together with the development teams. The CE team will take technical ownership over cloud tenants and DevOps tooling and help other teams to use cloud services according to Jumbo standards. One of our bigger challenges is implementing DevOps in our fast-paced development organization within the e-commerce landscape.
This team will focus on design, implementation, lifecycle management (operations) and technical stories of cloud services and DevOps / Infra-as-Code tooling. You take responsibility for qualitative and non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, manageability, availability, recoverability and security.
What are you going to do?
- Build a cloud architecture practice, creating a well-integrated, well-documented stack of cloud standardized services and relevant tooling using the mantra prepare and design once, use often.
- Help teams consume cloud services uniformly, helping developers make the most of the cloud resources, features and possibilities while minimizing variation across teams.
- Take ownership of technical tooling for observability, testing, deployment and configuration, collaboration, identity & access management and more.
- Working with various other departments and teams, you will develop a security practice for cloud services.
- Develop a Load Testing facility integrated into the developer pipeline.
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
You are a front runner on technology. You are able to convince our colleagues of your view on DevOps, Infra-as-Code Tooling and Cloud services. Building a new practice is in your DNA. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all the following boxes:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as a System Engineer (or sysadmin), Cloud Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud: AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with multiple Infra-as-Code (DevOps) tools (CI/CD, Configuration and Deployment).
- Experience with scripting and software development.
- Preferably: have a background in networking and/or security
- Preferably: have a background in performance management (tooling)
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. We will offer you plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Also, you will be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with.
Of course, youll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more important:
- We value your code more than your dress code;
- We are a food retailer so of course you can have a delicious lunch in our food café;
- we are a family company so we want you to become part of our Jumbo Tech Campus family;
- We will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time;
- We offer a working environment in which you can learn, grow and have lots of fun! For example, you can participate in our daily foosball competition;
We at Jumbo like transparency, therefore this request: we appreciate it if companies dont offer their services unsolicited.